Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 3:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 15:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.60 meters/second, 1532.1 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.3"||951.76 mi||West||0° 04' 44.8"||5.44 mi||South||952.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 04.9"||757.42 mi||East||2° 18' 01.1"||158.19 mi||South||778.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nizamabad||Thu 9:12 PM||13 km||8 miles||7 nm||NE|
|Medak||Thu 9:12 PM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||SSE|
|Nanded||Thu 9:12 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||NW|
|Karimnagar||Thu 9:12 PM||120 km||74 miles||65 nm||E|
|Adilabad||Thu 9:12 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||NNE|
|Hyderabad||Thu 9:12 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||SSE|
|Parbhani||Thu 9:12 PM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||WNW|
|Hingoli||Thu 9:12 PM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||NW|
|Latur||Thu 9:12 PM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||W|
|Ramagundam||Thu 9:12 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.