Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.67 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.2"||954.23 mi||west||0° 05' 12.6"||5.97 mi||south||954.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 45.7"||757.89 mi||east||2° 28' 35.1"||170.31 mi||south||781.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 9:52 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||E|
|Niamey||Thu 9:52 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
|Dori||Thu 8:52 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||SSW|
|Agadez||Thu 9:52 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||ESE|
|Sokoto||Thu 9:52 PM||627 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Thu 9:52 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||SE|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 8:52 PM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 8:52 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||SW|
|Kandi||Thu 9:52 PM||780 km||484 miles||421 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 8:52 PM||788 km||490 miles||425 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.