Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 8:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.66 meters/second, 1536.0 kilometres/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.2"||954.16 mi||West||0° 05' 12.5"||5.97 mi||South||954.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 46.1"||757.84 mi||East||2° 28' 32.7"||170.25 mi||South||781.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 9:52 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||E|
|Niamey||Thu 9:52 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Agadez||Thu 9:52 PM||546 km||340 miles||295 nm||ESE|
|Dori||Thu 8:52 PM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||SW|
|Tamanrasset||Thu 9:52 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||NNE|
|Sokoto||Thu 9:52 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Thu 8:52 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Maradi||Thu 9:52 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 8:52 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||SW|
|Kandi||Thu 9:52 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.