Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 9:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.84 meters/second, 1536.6 km/hour, 954.8 miles/hour or 829.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.7"||954.56 mi||West||0° 05' 16.9"||6.05 mi||South||954.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 33.0"||757.92 mi||East||2° 30' 13.3"||172.17 mi||South||782.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 9:42 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Bamako||Thu 9:42 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||S|
|Timbuktu||Thu 9:42 PM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||ESE|
|Tambacounda||Thu 9:42 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Thu 9:42 PM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||W|
|Rosso||Thu 9:42 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Thu 9:42 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||SSE|
|Touba||Thu 9:42 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||WSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 9:42 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SSE|
|Gabú||Thu 9:42 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.