Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.84 meters/second, 1536.6 km/hour, 954.8 miles/hour or 829.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.7"||954.56 mi||west||0° 05' 16.9"||6.05 mi||south||954.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 33.0"||757.92 mi||east||2° 30' 13.3"||172.17 mi||south||782.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 9:42 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Bamako||Thu 9:42 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||S|
|Tambacounda||Thu 9:42 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Thu 9:42 PM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||W|
|Rosso||Thu 9:42 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Thu 9:42 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||SSE|
|Touba||Thu 9:42 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||WSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 9:42 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SSE|
|Gabú||Thu 9:42 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SW|
|Farafenni||Thu 9:42 PM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.