Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.88 meters/second, 1536.8 km/hour, 954.9 miles/hour or 829.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.8"||954.64 mi||West||0° 05' 17.6"||6.07 mi||South||954.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 30.5"||757.93 mi||East||2° 30' 33.3"||172.55 mi||South||782.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 9:52 PM||53 km||33 miles||28 nm||N|
|Nouakchott||Thu 9:52 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||W|
|Rosso||Thu 9:52 PM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||WSW|
|Tambacounda||Thu 9:52 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Louis||Thu 9:52 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Touba||Thu 9:52 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SW|
|Nouadhibou||Thu 9:52 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Thu 9:52 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Thiès||Thu 9:52 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||WSW|
|Gabú||Thu 9:52 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.