Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.10 meters/second, 1537.6 km/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.4"||955.13 mi||West||0° 05' 23.0"||6.17 mi||South||955.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 14.7"||758.02 mi||East||2° 32' 33.5"||174.84 mi||South||782.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Thu 9:52 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SE|
|Santa Maria||Thu 9:52 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Thu 9:52 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Thu 10:52 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||ESE|
|Nouadhibou||Thu 10:52 PM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 10:52 PM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||E|
|Banjul||Thu 10:52 PM||1132 km||704 miles||611 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Thu 10:52 PM||1314 km||816 miles||709 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Thu 10:52 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Thu 10:52 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.