Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.41 meters/second, 1545.9 km/hour, 960.6 miles/hour or 834.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.7"||960.32 mi||West||0° 06' 14.3"||7.15 mi||South||960.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 36.6"||759.13 mi||East||2° 52' 00.8"||197.12 mi||South||789.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 9:52 PM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 10:52 PM||1483 km||922 miles||801 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:52 PM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 8:52 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:52 PM||2265 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:52 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1270 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:52 PM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:52 PM||2920 km||1814 miles||1577 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:52 PM||3017 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 8:52 PM||3087 km||1918 miles||1667 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.