Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.61 meters/second, 1546.6 km/hour, 961.0 miles/hour or 835.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.3"||960.77 mi||West||0° 06' 18.5"||7.23 mi||South||961.07 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 36.4"||759.24 mi||West||2° 53' 35.2"||198.92 mi||South||790.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 9:42 PM||1092 km||678 miles||590 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 9:42 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 10:42 PM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:42 PM||1765 km||1096 miles||953 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:42 PM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 9:42 PM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 8:42 PM||2299 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 11:42 PM||2720 km||1690 miles||1468 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:42 PM||2831 km||1759 miles||1528 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:42 PM||3202 km||1989 miles||1729 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.