Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.65 meters/second, 1546.7 km/hour, 961.1 miles/hour or 835.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.5"||960.86 mi||West||0° 06' 19.5"||7.25 mi||South||961.16 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 38.9"||759.27 mi||West||2° 53' 54.0"||199.28 mi||South||790.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 9:52 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 9:52 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 10:52 PM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:52 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 8:52 PM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 9:52 PM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:52 PM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:52 PM||2867 km||1782 miles||1548 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 11:52 PM||2970 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 7:52 PM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.