Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.69 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.6"||960.95 mi||West||0° 06' 20.2"||7.26 mi||South||961.25 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 41.7"||759.29 mi||West||2° 54' 12.8"||199.64 mi||South||790.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 10:02 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:02 PM||1088 km||676 miles||587 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 11:02 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:02 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 9:02 PM||1853 km||1151 miles||1001 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 10:02 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:02 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:02 PM||2928 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 8:02 PM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||W|
|Honiara||Fri 9:02 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.