Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.69 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||south||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.6"||960.95 mi||west||0° 06' 20.2"||7.26 mi||south||961.25 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 41.7"||759.29 mi||west||2° 54' 12.8"||199.64 mi||south||790.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 10:02 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:02 PM||1082 km||673 miles||584 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 11:02 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:02 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 9:02 PM||1853 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 10:02 PM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:02 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:02 PM||2928 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 8:02 PM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||W|
|Honiara||Fri 9:02 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.