Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.90 meters/second, 1547.6 km/hour, 961.6 miles/hour or 835.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.0"||961.41 mi||West||0° 06' 24.4"||7.34 mi||South||961.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 05.3"||759.40 mi||East||2° 55' 46.7"||201.43 mi||South||790.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 10:52 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 9:52 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 8:52 PM||1652 km||1026 miles||892 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 10:52 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 10:52 PM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:52 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||SE|
|Midway||Thu 11:52 PM||2664 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Fri 7:52 PM||2882 km||1791 miles||1556 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 9:52 PM||2904 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 7:52 PM||2917 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.