Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 22, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.68 meters/second, 1557.6 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.4"||967.65 mi||West||0° 07' 17.8"||8.36 mi||South||967.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 19.9"||761.15 mi||East||3° 15' 37.7"||224.15 mi||South||798.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Fri 9:52 PM||171 km||106 miles||93 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 10:52 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||SE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 9:52 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 9:52 PM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 9:52 PM||392 km||243 miles||211 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Fri 9:52 PM||448 km||279 miles||242 nm||SW|
|Mango||Fri 9:52 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||S|
|Kandi||Fri 10:52 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SSE|
|Natitingou||Fri 10:52 PM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Fri 10:52 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.