Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.94 meters/second, 1569.4 km/hour, 975.2 miles/hour or 847.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.4"||974.97 mi||West||0° 08' 13.9"||9.43 mi||South||975.31 mi|
|24 hours||348° 37' 18.0"||763.84 mi||West||3° 36' 12.0"||247.69 mi||South||808.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sat 10:20 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 10:20 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:20 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:20 PM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Fri 11:20 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Sat 10:20 PM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 9:20 PM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 10:20 PM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 12:20 AM||2589 km||1608 miles||1398 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:20 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.