Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.04 meters/second, 1580.6 kilometres/hour, 982.1 miles/hour or 853.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.7"||981.94 mi||West||0° 09' 03.3"||10.37 mi||South||982.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 59.1"||767.26 mi||East||3° 53' 48.6"||267.83 mi||South||817.42 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sokoto||Sat 11:20 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||NE|
|Gusau||Sat 11:20 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||E|
|Kandi||Sat 11:20 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||WSW|
|Maradi||Sat 11:20 PM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||ENE|
|Niamey||Sat 11:20 PM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||WNW|
|Zaria||Sat 11:20 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||ESE|
|Kaduna||Sat 11:20 PM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||ESE|
|Parakou||Sat 11:20 PM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||SW|
|Natitingou||Sat 11:20 PM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||WSW|
|Kano||Sat 11:20 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.