Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 03:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 03:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.37 meters/second, 1585.3 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.0"||984.98 mi||west||0° 09' 23.4"||10.76 mi||south||985.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 33.8"||769.12 mi||east||4° 00' 51.5"||275.91 mi||south||821.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maracaibo||Sat 11:08 PM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||SE|
|Santa Marta||Sat 10:38 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||W|
|Ciudad Ojeda||Sat 11:08 PM||208 km||130 miles||113 nm||SE|
|Barranquilla||Sat 10:38 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||WSW|
|Oranjestad||Sat 11:38 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Cartagena||Sat 10:38 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||WSW|
|Cúcuta||Sat 10:38 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||S|
|Barquisimeto||Sat 11:08 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||ESE|
|Willemstad||Sat 11:38 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||E|
|Montería||Sat 10:38 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.