Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.46 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.2"||985.12 mi||west||0° 09' 24.9"||10.79 mi||south||985.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 32.6"||769.21 mi||east||4° 01' 20.6"||276.45 mi||south||821.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Panama||Sat 11:02 PM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||SSW|
|Cartagena||Sat 11:02 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||ESE|
|Barranquilla||Sat 11:02 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||E|
|Montería||Sat 11:02 PM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||SE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sat 11:02 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||SW|
|David||Sat 11:02 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SW|
|Medellin||Sat 11:02 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SSE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Sat 10:02 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||WNW|
|San Jose||Sat 10:02 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||WSW|
|Alajuela||Sat 10:02 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.