Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.46 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.2"||985.20 mi||west||0° 09' 25.0"||10.79 mi||south||985.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 32.5"||769.27 mi||east||4° 01' 22.0"||276.49 mi||south||821.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Panama||Sat 11:02 PM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||SSW|
|Cartagena||Sat 11:02 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||ESE|
|Barranquilla||Sat 11:02 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||E|
|Montería||Sat 11:02 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sat 11:02 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SW|
|David||Sat 11:02 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||SW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Sat 10:02 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||WNW|
|San Jose||Sat 10:02 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||WSW|
|Medellin||Sat 11:02 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||SSE|
|Alajuela||Sat 10:02 PM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.