Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.53 meters/second, 1585.9 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.2"||985.28 mi||West||0° 09' 26.0"||10.81 mi||South||985.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 31.5"||769.32 mi||East||4° 01' 43.6"||276.88 mi||South||822.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Limón||Sat 10:20 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SSW|
|San Andrés||Sat 11:20 PM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Sat 10:20 PM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||SW|
|Alajuela||Sat 10:20 PM||236 km||147 miles||127 nm||SW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Sat 10:20 PM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||NNW|
|David||Sat 11:20 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||S|
|Liberia||Sat 10:20 PM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||WSW|
|Colón||Sat 11:20 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sat 11:20 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSE|
|Masaya||Sat 10:20 PM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.