Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.60 meters/second, 1586.2 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.3"||985.45 mi||West||0° 09' 27.0"||10.83 mi||South||985.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 30.7"||769.42 mi||East||4° 02' 06.3"||277.32 mi||South||822.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masaya||Sat 10:38 PM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 10:38 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||NE|
|León||Sat 10:38 PM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||N|
|Liberia||Sat 10:38 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||ESE|
|Matagalpa||Sat 10:38 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Sat 10:38 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:38 PM||313 km||195 miles||169 nm||N|
|Alajuela||Sat 10:38 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Sat 10:38 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|San Salvador||Sat 10:38 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.