Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.64 meters/second, 1586.3 km/hour, 985.7 miles/hour or 856.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.3"||985.54 mi||West||0° 09' 27.7"||10.84 mi||South||985.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 30.1"||769.49 mi||East||4° 02' 18.9"||277.56 mi||South||822.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Salvador||Sat 10:48 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||N|
|San Miguel||Sat 10:48 PM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Sat 10:48 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||N|
|Managua||Sat 10:48 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||ENE|
|Masaya||Sat 10:48 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Escuintla||Sat 10:48 PM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:48 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sat 10:48 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|Matagalpa||Sat 10:48 PM||411 km||256 miles||222 nm||ENE|
|Choloma||Sat 10:48 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.