Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.66 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.7 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.4"||985.57 mi||West||0° 09' 27.9"||10.84 mi||South||985.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 30.0"||769.51 mi||East||4° 02' 24.0"||277.65 mi||South||822.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Salvador||Sat 10:52 PM||295 km||184 miles||159 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Sat 10:52 PM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Sat 10:52 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NE|
|Escuintla||Sat 10:52 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||N|
|Guatemala||Sat 10:52 PM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||N|
|Managua||Sat 10:52 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:52 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Sat 10:52 PM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||E|
|Matagalpa||Sat 10:52 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||ENE|
|Choloma||Sat 10:52 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.