Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 5:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 05:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.85 meters/second, 1587.0 km/hour, 986.1 miles/hour or 856.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.7"||985.99 mi||West||0° 09' 30.6"||10.90 mi||South||986.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 28.0"||769.79 mi||East||4° 03' 21.5"||278.75 mi||South||823.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Sat 11:38 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Sat 11:38 PM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||NE|
|Oaxaca||Sat 11:38 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||NE|
|Puebla||Sat 11:38 PM||942 km||585 miles||508 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sat 11:38 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Sat 11:38 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 11:38 PM||1077 km||669 miles||581 nm||N|
|Leon||Sat 11:38 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||N|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 11:38 PM||1127 km||700 miles||609 nm||NNW|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 11:38 PM||1195 km||742 miles||645 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.