Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.92 meters/second, 1590.9 km/hour, 988.5 miles/hour or 859.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.1"||988.40 mi||west||0° 09' 46.6"||11.20 mi||south||988.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.0"||771.56 mi||east||4° 08' 50.0"||285.01 mi||south||826.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:10 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:10 PM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:10 AM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:10 PM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 11:10 PM||2225 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:10 PM||2368 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:10 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:10 PM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Mon 12:10 AM||2720 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:10 PM||2944 km||1830 miles||1590 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.