Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.96 meters/second, 1591.1 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.1"||988.56 mi||west||0° 09' 47.3"||11.21 mi||south||988.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.1"||771.68 mi||east||4° 09' 01.7"||285.25 mi||south||826.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 10:20 PM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:20 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:20 AM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 10:20 PM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||W|
|Midway||Sat 11:20 PM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:20 PM||2130 km||1324 miles||1150 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:20 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:20 PM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Mon 12:20 AM||2684 km||1668 miles||1449 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:20 PM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.