Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.95 meters/second, 1591.0 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.1"||988.48 mi||West||0° 09' 47.2"||11.21 mi||South||988.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.0"||771.61 mi||East||4° 09' 00.4"||285.21 mi||South||826.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 10:20 PM||1354 km||841 miles||731 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:20 AM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:20 AM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 10:20 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||W|
|Midway||Sat 11:20 PM||2133 km||1325 miles||1152 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:20 PM||2157 km||1340 miles||1165 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:20 PM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:20 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Mon 12:20 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1451 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:20 PM||2729 km||1696 miles||1473 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.