Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.99 meters/second, 1591.2 km/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||988.56 mi||West||0° 09' 47.7"||11.22 mi||South||988.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.1"||771.68 mi||East||4° 09' 11.9"||285.43 mi||South||826.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 10:30 PM||1222 km||760 miles||660 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:30 PM||1853 km||1151 miles||1001 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:30 AM||1882 km||1170 miles||1016 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:30 PM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:30 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||NE|
|Midway||Sat 11:30 PM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:30 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:30 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:30 PM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 10:30 PM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.