Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 10:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.02 meters/second, 1591.3 km/hour, 988.8 miles/hour or 859.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||988.63 mi||West||0° 09' 48.2"||11.23 mi||South||988.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 23.2"||771.74 mi||East||4° 09' 21.2"||285.60 mi||South||827.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 10:38 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 10:38 PM||1644 km||1022 miles||888 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:38 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sat 11:38 PM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:38 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:38 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:38 PM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:38 PM||2214 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:38 PM||2301 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 10:38 PM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.