Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.18 meters/second, 1591.9 km/hour, 989.1 miles/hour or 859.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.3"||988.99 mi||West||0° 09' 50.6"||11.28 mi||South||989.31 mi|
|24 hours||348° 39' 36.4"||772.02 mi||West||4° 10' 09.3"||286.52 mi||South||827.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 11:20 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||SW|
|Kwajalein||Sun 11:20 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:20 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:20 PM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sun 11:20 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Sun 11:20 PM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 10:20 PM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:20 PM||2105 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||S|
|Midway||Sun 12:20 AM||2118 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:20 AM||2599 km||1615 miles||1403 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.