Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.17 meters/second, 1595.4 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.1"||991.28 mi||west||0° 10' 05.1"||11.55 mi||south||991.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 33.4"||773.98 mi||east||4° 15' 02.7"||292.13 mi||south||831.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Sun 10:46 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Sun 10:46 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||WNW|
|Cần Thơ||Sun 10:46 PM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Sun 11:46 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||SSE|
|Miri||Sun 11:46 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SSE|
|Pekan Tutong||Sun 11:46 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||SE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Sun 11:46 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Sun 11:46 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||SE|
|Phnom Penh||Sun 10:46 PM||719 km||446 miles||388 nm||WNW|
|Da Nang||Sun 10:46 PM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.