Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 16:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.36 meters/second, 1596.1 km/hour, 991.8 miles/hour or 861.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.3"||991.62 mi||West||0° 10' 07.8"||11.61 mi||South||991.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 36.6"||774.31 mi||East||4° 15' 56.1"||293.13 mi||South||831.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Na Thon (Ko Samui)||Sun 11:38 PM||127 km||79 miles||68 nm||E|
|Phuket||Sun 11:38 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SSW|
|Hat Yai||Sun 11:38 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||SE|
|Alor Setar||Mon 12:38 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSE|
|Pattaya||Sun 11:38 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|George Town||Mon 12:38 AM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||SSE|
|Bangkok||Sun 11:38 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNE|
|Dawei||Sun 11:08 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||N|
|Sihanoukville||Sun 11:38 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||ENE|
|Banda Aceh||Sun 11:38 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.