Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 8:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 20:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.15 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.6"||993.40 mi||West||0° 10' 19.5"||11.83 mi||South||993.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 56.9"||776.07 mi||East||4° 19' 44.6"||297.48 mi||South||834.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Degehabur||Sun 11:26 PM||51 km||32 miles||27 nm||S|
|Hargeisa||Sun 11:26 PM||110 km||69 miles||60 nm||NNE|
|Borama||Sun 11:26 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||NNW|
|Dire Dawa||Sun 11:26 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||WNW|
|Kebri Dahar||Sun 11:26 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||SSE|
|Berbera||Sun 11:26 PM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||NE|
|Ali Sabieh||Sun 11:26 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Sun 11:26 PM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Sun 11:26 PM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||N|
|Tadjoura||Sun 11:26 PM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.