Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 25, 2013 at 10:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.62 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 37.5"||998.95 mi||West||0° 10' 56.2"||12.53 mi||South||999.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 36.1"||783.47 mi||East||4° 31' 09.7"||310.53 mi||South||845.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:20 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 12:20 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:20 PM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:20 PM||2238 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 12:20 AM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Mon 12:20 AM||2798 km||1739 miles||1511 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:20 PM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:20 AM||3040 km||1889 miles||1642 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sun 11:20 PM||3070 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 11:20 PM||3156 km||1961 miles||1704 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.