Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.25 meters/second, 1610.1 km/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.7"||1000.43 mi||west||0° 11' 05.9"||12.71 mi||south||1000.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 57.3"||786.21 mi||east||4° 33' 56.8"||313.74 mi||south||848.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Mon 11:46 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Mon 11:46 PM||766 km||476 miles||413 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Mon 11:46 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:46 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||NE|
|Davao||Mon 10:46 PM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||W|
|General Santos||Mon 10:46 PM||1311 km||815 miles||708 nm||W|
|Manado||Mon 10:46 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Mon 10:46 PM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:46 AM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||SE|
|Dili||Mon 11:46 PM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.