Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.40 meters/second, 1610.6 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.1"||1000.70 mi||west||0° 11' 08.3"||12.76 mi||south||1000.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 21.3"||786.89 mi||east||4° 34' 36.1"||314.46 mi||south||849.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zamboanga City||Mon 11:56 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 11:56 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 11:56 PM||524 km||325 miles||283 nm||NNW|
|Marawi City||Mon 11:56 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 11:56 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||W|
|General Santos||Mon 11:56 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||E|
|Pekan Tutong||Mon 11:56 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||W|
|Gorontalo||Mon 11:56 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Cagayan de Oro||Mon 11:56 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NE|
|Kuala Belait||Mon 11:56 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.