Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.40 meters/second, 1610.6 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.1"||1000.69 mi||west||0° 11' 08.3"||12.76 mi||south||1000.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 20.8"||786.87 mi||east||4° 34' 35.4"||314.45 mi||south||849.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Isabela City||Mon 11:56 PM||249 km||154 miles||134 nm||NE|
|Zamboanga City||Mon 11:56 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||NE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 11:56 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||W|
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 11:56 PM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||NNW|
|Marawi City||Mon 11:56 PM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||NE|
|General Santos||Mon 11:56 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 11:56 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||W|
|Gorontalo||Mon 11:56 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSE|
|Cagayan de Oro||Mon 11:56 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NE|
|Davao||Mon 11:56 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.