Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 25, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.50 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.8"||1000.93 mi||West||0° 11' 09.9"||12.79 mi||South||1001.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 38.5"||787.40 mi||East||4° 35' 02.5"||314.97 mi||South||849.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Tue 12:46 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SSE|
|Kuantan||Tue 12:46 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||WSW|
|Pontianak||Mon 11:46 PM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||SSE|
|Cần Thơ||Mon 11:46 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||NNW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Mon 11:46 PM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Johor Bahru||Tue 12:46 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SW|
|Singapore||Tue 12:46 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||SW|
|Miri||Tue 12:46 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||E|
|Ho Chi Minh||Mon 11:46 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 12:46 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.