Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 20:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.92 meters/second, 1612.5 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.7"||1001.87 mi||West||0° 11' 16.8"||12.92 mi||South||1002.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 03.1"||789.79 mi||East||4° 36' 50.0"||317.02 mi||South||852.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Mon 11:26 PM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Hadibu||Mon 11:26 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||N|
|Victoria||Tue 12:26 AM||994 km||617 miles||536 nm||S|
|Bosaso||Mon 11:26 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Mon 11:26 PM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Mon 11:26 PM||1436 km||892 miles||775 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Mon 11:26 PM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||WNW|
|Sana||Mon 11:26 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||914 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Mon 11:26 PM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||WNW|
|Male||Tue 1:26 AM||2061 km||1280 miles||1113 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.