Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 25, 2013 at 9:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 25, 2013 at 21:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.02 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.0"||1002.10 mi||West||0° 11' 18.5"||12.95 mi||South||1002.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 28.0"||790.46 mi||East||4° 37' 16.1"||317.51 mi||South||853.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arba Minch||Tue 12:26 AM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||WNW|
|Awasa||Tue 12:26 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
|Adama||Tue 12:26 AM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Garissa||Tue 12:26 AM||518 km||322 miles||279 nm||S|
|Kismayo||Tue 12:26 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSE|
|Jimma||Tue 12:26 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Tue 12:26 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||NNW|
|Mogadishu||Tue 12:26 AM||595 km||369 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Debre Berhan||Tue 12:26 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||N|
|Dire Dawa||Tue 12:26 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.