Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 02:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 02:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.47 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.2"||1003.10 mi||west||0° 11' 26.4"||13.10 mi||south||1003.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 45.5"||793.94 mi||east||4° 39' 05.9"||319.61 mi||south||856.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 12:26 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||S|
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:26 PM||1027 km||638 miles||554 nm||SW|
|Recife||Mon 11:26 PM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Tue 1:26 AM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||NE|
|Belém||Mon 11:26 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Mon 11:26 PM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||SSW|
|Dakar||Tue 2:26 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||NE|
|Banjul||Tue 2:26 AM||2083 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Tue 2:26 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Tue 2:26 AM||2188 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.