Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||1004.09 mi||west||0° 11' 35.3"||13.27 mi||south||1004.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 38.3"||799.31 mi||east||4° 40' 39.8"||321.42 mi||south||861.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:36 PM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:36 PM||2574 km||1599 miles||1390 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:36 AM||3057 km||1899 miles||1651 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:36 PM||3159 km||1963 miles||1705 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:36 PM||3592 km||2232 miles||1940 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:36 PM||4040 km||2510 miles||2181 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 1:36 AM||4043 km||2512 miles||2183 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 2:36 AM||4055 km||2520 miles||2189 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 1:36 AM||4233 km||2630 miles||2286 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 11:36 PM||4254 km||2643 miles||2297 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.