Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.89 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||1004.04 mi||West||0° 11' 35.3"||13.27 mi||South||1004.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 43.6"||799.36 mi||East||4° 40' 41.0"||321.42 mi||South||861.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:46 PM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:46 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:46 PM||2995 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:46 AM||3115 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:46 PM||3429 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:46 PM||3812 km||2369 miles||2058 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:46 PM||4037 km||2508 miles||2180 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:46 PM||4120 km||2560 miles||2225 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 1:46 AM||4156 km||2582 miles||2244 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:46 PM||4207 km||2614 miles||2272 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.