Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.90 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.1"||1004.12 mi||west||0° 11' 35.6"||13.28 mi||south||1004.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 50.3"||799.56 mi||east||4° 40' 42.4"||321.47 mi||south||861.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:56 PM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:56 PM||2316 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:56 PM||2803 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:56 AM||3210 km||1995 miles||1733 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:56 PM||3237 km||2012 miles||1748 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:56 PM||3530 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:56 PM||3769 km||2342 miles||2035 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:56 PM||3877 km||2409 miles||2094 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:56 PM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Tue 1:56 AM||4309 km||2677 miles||2327 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.