Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.93 meters/second, 1616.1 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.1"||1004.12 mi||West||0° 11' 36.4"||13.29 mi||South||1004.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 19.7"||800.14 mi||East||4° 40' 47.9"||321.55 mi||South||862.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:46 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 12:46 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:46 AM||2236 km||1390 miles||1207 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:46 PM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:46 PM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:46 AM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 12:46 AM||2665 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 11:46 PM||2925 km||1818 miles||1580 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:46 PM||3258 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:46 PM||3472 km||2157 miles||1875 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.