Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.01 meters/second, 1616.4 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.6"||1004.31 mi||West||0° 11' 39.7"||13.35 mi||South||1004.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 45.9"||803.17 mi||East||4° 41' 00.4"||321.79 mi||South||864.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Wed 12:36 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||SSE|
|Arawa||Wed 12:36 AM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||SSE|
|Lae||Wed 12:36 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:36 AM||1031 km||640 miles||557 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Tue 11:36 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:36 AM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Wed 1:36 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:36 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:36 AM||1768 km||1099 miles||955 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:36 PM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.