Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.02 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.2"||1004.32 mi||West||0° 11' 39.9"||13.36 mi||South||1004.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 59.2"||803.44 mi||East||4° 41' 00.4"||321.79 mi||South||865.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 11:56 PM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
|Mount Hagen||Wed 12:56 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||SSW|
|Lae||Wed 12:56 AM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||S|
|Weno||Wed 12:56 AM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:56 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:56 PM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:56 AM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||N|
|Palikir||Wed 1:56 AM||1484 km||922 miles||802 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:56 PM||1488 km||925 miles||804 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Wed 1:56 AM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.