Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.02 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.4"||1004.33 mi||West||0° 11' 40.4"||13.37 mi||South||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 26.0"||803.98 mi||East||4° 41' 00.0"||321.79 mi||South||865.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Wed 12:36 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:36 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:36 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||NNW|
|Sofifi||Wed 12:36 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||W|
|Ternate||Wed 12:36 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||W|
|Manado||Tue 11:36 PM||1310 km||814 miles||707 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 11:36 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Tue 11:36 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 11:36 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||W|
|Darwin||Wed 1:06 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.