Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.02 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.1"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 40.5"||13.37 mi||South||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 32.8"||804.11 mi||East||4° 40' 59.7"||321.78 mi||South||865.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Wed 12:46 AM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||S|
|Sofifi||Wed 12:46 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||W|
|Koror||Wed 12:46 AM||741 km||461 miles||400 nm||N|
|Ternate||Wed 12:46 AM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:46 AM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:46 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||ESE|
|Ambon||Wed 12:46 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||SW|
|Manado||Tue 11:46 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 11:46 PM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Tue 11:46 PM||1185 km||737 miles||640 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.