Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.8"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 40.6"||13.37 mi||South||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 39.6"||804.25 mi||East||4° 40' 59.4"||321.78 mi||South||865.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Wed 12:56 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||ESE|
|Sofifi||Wed 12:56 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||W|
|Ternate||Wed 12:56 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||W|
|Ambon||Wed 12:56 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SW|
|Manado||Tue 11:56 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||W|
|Koror||Wed 12:56 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:56 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NNE|
|General Santos||Tue 11:56 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||NW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 11:56 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||W|
|Davao||Tue 11:56 PM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.