Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 kilometres/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.1"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 41.0"||13.38 mi||South||1004.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 07.2"||804.80 mi||East||4° 40' 58.0"||321.75 mi||South||866.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gorontalo||Wed 12:36 AM||112 km||69 miles||60 nm||E|
|Palu||Wed 12:36 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Wed 12:36 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||ENE|
|Kendari||Wed 12:36 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||S|
|Mamuju||Wed 12:36 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Samarinda||Wed 12:36 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||WSW|
|Ternate||Wed 1:36 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||E|
|Balikpapan||Wed 12:36 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Wed 1:36 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||E|
|Makassar||Wed 12:36 AM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.