Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.7"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||South||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 14.0"||804.93 mi||East||4° 40' 57.6"||321.74 mi||South||866.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palu||Wed 12:46 AM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||S|
|Sangatta||Wed 12:46 AM||234 km||146 miles||126 nm||W|
|Samarinda||Wed 12:46 AM||297 km||185 miles||161 nm||WSW|
|Mamuju||Wed 12:46 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SSW|
|Balikpapan||Wed 12:46 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Wed 12:46 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||E|
|Kendari||Wed 12:46 AM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||SSE|
|Manado||Wed 12:46 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Wed 12:46 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||S|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 11:46 PM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.