Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 kilometres/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.5"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 41.2"||13.38 mi||South||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 20.9"||805.07 mi||East||4° 40' 57.0"||321.73 mi||South||866.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sangatta||Wed 12:56 AM||37 km||23 miles||20 nm||ENE|
|Samarinda||Wed 12:56 AM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||S|
|Balikpapan||Wed 12:56 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||SSW|
|Palu||Wed 12:56 AM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||ESE|
|Mamuju||Wed 12:56 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 11:56 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SW|
|Banjarmasin||Wed 12:56 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||SW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 12:56 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NNW|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 12:56 AM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||NNW|
|Miri||Wed 12:56 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.