Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.03 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.5"||1004.34 mi||West||0° 11' 41.7"||13.39 mi||South||1004.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 56.0"||805.76 mi||East||4° 40' 53.9"||321.67 mi||South||866.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tanjung Pinang||Wed 12:46 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||NW|
|Singapore||Wed 1:46 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||NW|
|Johor Bahru||Wed 1:46 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||NW|
|Jambi||Wed 12:46 AM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||SW|
|Pangkal Pinang||Wed 12:46 AM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||SSE|
|Palembang||Wed 12:46 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||S|
|Malacca City||Wed 1:46 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Pekanbaru||Wed 12:46 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||W|
|Kuantan||Wed 1:46 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Wed 1:46 AM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.