Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.70 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||1003.61 mi||West||0° 11' 44.0"||13.44 mi||South||1003.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 43.1"||814.38 mi||East||4° 38' 51.3"||319.34 mi||South||873.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sobral||Wed 12:46 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||S|
|Parnaíba||Wed 12:46 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Wed 12:46 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||SE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 1:46 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Wed 12:46 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||SE|
|Belém||Wed 12:46 AM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||W|
|Salvador||Wed 12:46 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Wed 12:46 AM||1549 km||963 miles||836 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Wed 12:46 AM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 12:46 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.