Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.27 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.8"||1002.65 mi||West||0° 11' 42.5"||13.41 mi||South||1002.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 46.8"||819.59 mi||East||4° 36' 30.4"||316.66 mi||South||876.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 1:28 AM||2584 km||1606 miles||1395 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:28 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Tue 11:28 PM||3346 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Wed 3:28 AM||3571 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 3:28 AM||3699 km||2299 miles||1997 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Wed 2:28 AM||3749 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:28 PM||3878 km||2410 miles||2094 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Wed 3:28 AM||4046 km||2514 miles||2185 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 1:28 AM||4108 km||2553 miles||2218 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Wed 3:28 AM||4135 km||2569 miles||2233 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.